We have a duty to investigate complaints of what is called statutory nuisance.
This may include:
- Noise from domestic or business premises and from vehicles and equipment in the street
- Artificial light
- Odour from industrial, trade or business premises
- Insects from industrial, trade or business premises
- Smoke from bonfires and chimneys in domestic and business premises
- Dust from industrial, trade or business premises
- Premises that are prejudicial to health or a nuisance
- Fumes or gases from domestic dwellings
- Accumulations or deposits on premises, such as piles of rotting rubbish
- Animals kept in a way that prejudices health or is a nuisance
Use this form to
- Report a nuisance if speaking to those responsible or mediation has not worked
Issues not dealt with in this form
What happens next?
Upon completion of this form, we will aim to contact to you within five days, to explain the investigation process and what action we will take, if required. For further information, please refer to our 'How we proceed' section.
What you'll need to provide
- Your details (optional)
- Details of the nuisance, including evidence where applicable