If you’re parking in a Richmondshire District Council car park, you can now choose to pay for your parking by phone using RingGo.
Benefits of using RingGo
By using RingGo cashless parking you will benefit from:
- a quick, secure payment
- no need to search around for coins
- paying for your parking from the comfort of your car - no need to visit and touch a pay machine
- extend your parking wherever you are
- helping the environmental as there is no need to get a pay and display ticket to put in your windscreen
- optional text receipts and reminders confirming your parking and to remind you when your parking is running out. This will help you to avoid a penalty charge notice
In Richmondshire District Council car parks the convenience fee for using phone parking has been removed. This means that paying by RingGo effectively costs the same as cash. Please note that the optional confirmation and alert texts cost 10p per message, but you can opt-out of these at any time.
How does RingGo work?
You will need to download the RingGo app first by:
- going to your phone app store and searching for RingGo
- once you’ve downloaded the app, set up your account by registering a few details
- you are then ready to pay for your parking
Parking and using the app
Once you have parked your car in a Richmondshire District Council car park, you need to confirm the vehicle you’re using and let the service know exactly where you are parked. This is done by entering the location number advertised on local signs.
If you saw the sign below, you would enter '12345' as the location code. You then need to tell RingGo how long you want to stay and confirm your payment details.
If your parking is running out, you can extend your time wherever you are. Select your current session from within the app and you will be asked how long you want to extend. Choose a time, confirm, and the new time will apply.
Parking enforcement officers know that you are parked with RingGo by checking the vehicle registration on their devices, so there’s no need to display anything in your windscreen.
Where can RingGo be used?
Once you’ve downloaded the RingGo smartphone app and registered to use the service, you can use RingGo in thousands of areas nationwide.
There is no convenience fee for using RingGo when you pay to park in Richmondshire District Council car parks. This charge varies across the country though. Please check the app or RingGo website for charges in each location.
If you need a VAT receipt to claim back on expenses, you can get that free for all your parking sessions via the RingGo app, or on the RingGo website.
If you pay to park for business purposes, you may like to check out the RingGo Corporate solution. This provides quick and easy employee parking, reducing pay and claim.
Don't use a smartphone
If you’re not a smartphone user, you can still use RingGo to pay for your parking across Richmondshire by calling 01748 580 000.