Do you need planning permission?
To find out if you need planning permission for a home improvement or a large scale commercial project, visit the Planning Portal. This is the UK Government's online planning and building regulations resource for England and Wales.
How to submit a planning or building control application
You can submit an electronic application via the Planning Portal. You will also be able to attach drawings and pay online. We strongly encourage you to submit your application this way wherever possible.
Before submitting your application, you should check our local application validation requirements for the type of application which you are making. You are not required to submit these forms with your application.
Guidance on an application
If you have submitted an application and are needing some further guidance on procedures, costs and submitting an application, please see the guidance notes document on our planning advice and guidance page.
- Foul drainage assessment form
- NYPA1 householder application for planning permission.pdf
- NYPA2 Application for outline or full planning permission.pdf
- NYPA3 Application for approval of reserved matters.pdf
- NYPA4 Application for listed building consent.pdf
- NYPA5 Application for advertisement consent.pdf
- NYPA6 Application for lawful development certificate.pdf
- NYPA8 Telecommunications notification.pdf
- NYPA9 Agricultural or forestry notification.pdf
- NYPA10 Demolition notification.pdf
- NYPA11 Works to protected trees 2013.pdf
- NYPA12 Approval of details reserved by condition.pdf
- NYPA13 Application for removal or variation of a condition.pdf
- NYPA14 Application for hedgerow removal notice.pdf
- NYPA16 Application to modify or discharge a planning obligation.pdf
- Application validation requirements.pdf
- Application validation appendix - biodiversity and geological assessments.pdf
- Application form for stopping up or diversion of footpath or bridleway interactive.pdf