Richmondshire residents are being invited to have their say on how much is spent on their local councillors!
The District Council is looking for new members of a panel which monitors the allowances paid to its elected councillors.
At least three new people are needed for the voluntary positions on the Remuneration Panel until 2023.
To be considered prospective panel members must be independent of the council and:
- have an interest in the work of the council and how it operates
- understand the role of a councillor
- not be disqualified from being a councillor
- have not been a member or officer of the council within the last five years - or be a relative or close friend of a member of officer of the council
- be able to communicate effectively
Following a reduction in size of the Council from 34 to 24 members in May 2019 and a revised structure of committees, a review of member allowances is required over the next three months. The initial commitment to the panel is likely to involve two to three meetings per year during December to February, although this might vary depending on workload. The post is on a voluntary basis, with reimbursement of expenses and full training given.
For more information on the role contact Katie Cullum, Democratic Services Manager, on 01748 901011.