Two week extension for local plan consultation
Consultation on a plan which will direct Richmondshire’s developments over the next 21 years has been extended.
Local people and businesses now have until July 23 to add their views on the District Council’s Preferred Options stage of the Local Plan. The two week extension has been approved to make sure people have the chance to have their say - despite the extension of Covid-19 restrictions.
The Local Plan sets out the long term vision for the future of Richmondshire. It shows how and where land can be developed to meet the growing needs of local people and businesses up to 2039. It does not include development or land within the Yorkshire Dales National Park.
It aims to address needs and opportunities in relation to housing, the economy, community facilities and infrastructure. As well as conserving and enhancing the natural and historic environment, provide greater resilience to climate change, and create well-designed places where people enjoy living.
Anyone with a query about the Local Plan, the review process or the consultation should email firstname.lastname@example.org. Where necessary, a Policy Officer can arrange a phone call or virtual meeting to discuss it.
If a face-to-face discussion is required, there are still some community consultation days taking place where 30 minute time slots are available to discuss the proposals.
Appointments must be booked in advance at least two working days before the event and social distancing will be required. The remaining dates are:
- Hunton Village Hall on July 1 from 10am until 12pm
- Eppleby Village Hall on July 6 from 10am until 7pm
- Thornborough Hall in Leyburn on July 7 from 10am until 12pm and 1pm until 7pm.
- Mercury House, Richmond (appointments available Monday to Friday during office hours)
To book an appointment contact: email@example.com
The full consultation document is available for inspection on our preferred options page and at the Council’s Community Offices in Richmond, Colburn and Leyburn.
Views on the Preferred Local Plan should be sent to the council by:
- completing the forms available on our website and returning by e-mail or post
- e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- writing to Planning Policy, Richmondshire District Council, Mercury House, Station Road, Richmond, DL10 4JX
Further information is available on our preferred options page or by contacting the Community Development Team on 01748 829100.