Celebrating rural housing week
North and East Yorkshire has seen another 300 new rural affordable homes developed in the last 12 months.
Rural Housing Enablers for the counties are celebrating rural housing week by pledging to make sure there are high quality, low carbon, affordable homes developed with Registered Providers.
The North and East Yorkshire RHE Partnership is undertaking to:
- work closely with local communities and Parish Councils to find the best solution to meet identified housing needs
- ensure that homes are occupied by people who have a local connection or contribute to the sustainability and inclusivity of the village and rural area
- ensure that affordable homes always remain affordable
- build sensitively designed, high quality homes which contribute to the beauty of an area
- build to high environmental standards which help residents and communities reduce their carbon impact and be more sustainable and resilient
- provide locally sensitive, high quality services to our residents and their communities
- always listen and respond positively to our customers and the local community
Councillor Richard Foster, of the North and East Yorkshire Rural Housing Enabler Network and the York, North Yorkshire, and East Riding (YNYER) Housing Board said: “I am really encouraged to see the new Rural Housing Alliance pledge, which will ensure there are high quality affordable homes within rural areas, where they are desperately needed.
“I fully support this pledge and the benefits it brings and will continue to make every effort to deliver new affordable rural homes working alongside our partners and the North and East Yorkshire Rural Housing Enablers.”