ARG scheme and businesses operating without premises
Businesses that operate without premises - including taxi drivers, mobile hairdressers, tradespeople and market traders - have just a few days left to apply for Covid-19 grant aid.
The Additional Restrictions Grants scheme, relating to the period 31 December to 15 February, closes to applications on 21 February.
The types of businesses that may be eligible include those in shared offices; bed and breakfast businesses where council tax is paid, not business rates; market traders; taxi drivers; mobile hairdressers and beauticians; plumbers, electricians and other tradespeople.
The key criteria applicable to the scheme are that during the period of the grant the business must:
- Have been severely financially impacted upon
- Not be entitled to the Local Restrictions Grant (Closed) Addendum 5 Jan (LRSG(C)A 5 Jan or Closed Business Lockdown Payment (CBLP)
- Have been trading on 30 December and not have a Rateable Value on its business premise at that date
- Have fixed unavoidable business costs
- Be based in Richmondshire
Some businesses are specifically excluded from both these schemes, including solicitors and accountants.
To apply visit our Additional Restrictions Grant page.