Still time to apply for ARG
Richmondshire District Council is reminding businesses that there is still time to apply for grant aid if they have been affected by the Covid-19 restrictions.
But the Additional Restrictions Grants scheme - relating to the period 30 December to 15 February – closes to applications on 21 February.
The key criteria applicable to the scheme are that during the period of the grant the business must:
- Have been severely financially impacted upon
- Not be entitled to the Local Restrictions Grant (Closed) Addendum 5 Jan (LRSG(C)A 5 Jan or Closed Business Lockdown Payment (CBLP)
- Have been trading on 30 December and not have a rateable value on its business premise at that date
- Have fixed unavoidable business costs
- Be based in Richmondshire
The types of businesses that may be eligible include:
- Businesses in shared offices/other flexible workspaces
- B and Bs where council tax is paid and not business rates
- Market traders, or similar businesses who do not have their own business rates assessment
- Mobile businesses, such as (but not confined to) taxi businesses, tradespeople and hair and beauty businesses
Some businesses are specifically excluded from both these schemes, including solicitors and accountants.