Business pack for Covid-19 restrictions
A new pack has been collated to help Richmondshire businesses keep their customers informed of the current Covid-19 restrictions.
The District Council has produced a set of 20 posters. All are downloadable on our business coronavirus toolkit page. They cover everything from wearing masks and washing hands, to keeping a safe distance, using the track and trace QR code system, and paying by card.
The council’s Environmental health officers also continue to offer advice to the hospitality sector as they reopen this week.
From 2 December the district, as part of the North Yorkshire and York region, has been placed in Tier 2. It means the following key restrictions apply for hospitality businesses:
- people can only meet in indoor settings with other members of their own household or support bubble
- businesses must only accept indoor bookings for people from one household or support bubble
- businesses must take reasonable steps to prevent people from separate households or bubbles from mingling with each other in indoor settings
- pubs and bars must close, unless operating as restaurants. All hospitality venues can only serve alcohol with substantial meals, such as a main lunchtime or evening meal
- businesses that do not ordinarily serve food may enter into a contracting arrangement so that they are able to do so and remain open. However, allowing customers to bring food that has been purchased elsewhere into the premises in order to consume alcohol, remains prohibited
All businesses are being advised to complete a Covid-19 risk assessment, continue to clean the premises more often, remind customers to wear a mask, make sure people are social distancing, use the NHS track and trace system, turn people with coronavirus symptoms away – staff and customers; and consider the amount of ventilation in the building.
Groups must also be kept apart with tables spaced out and a one way system maintained. Food and drink should be table served to avoid contact. Keeping music low will also prevent shouting and singing.
Tier restrictions will apply to taxi passengers with passengers advised to check the local restriction tiers that apply in the areas they will pass through. Taxis and private hire vehicles providing services through or within these areas should continue operating services as normal.
The restrictions are summarised in a Tier 2 high alert poster.
For more information from Richmondshire District Council contact 01748 829100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org