Improvements to council housing stock
A massive £1.7 million is being allocated to improve council housing stock across Richmondshire over the next 12 months.
The District Council’s Improvements Team have just completed the 2021-22 improvement programme. Planning for 2022-23 started last autumn. Work has already begun on site with the authority’s principal contractor Kier Services. The following work is planned:
- Replacing 15 electric storage heating systems with a new efficient electric system
- Upgrading 62 heating systems (gas or oil)
- Replacing 52 kitchens
- Replacing 27 bathrooms
In addition to this, work will also be undertaken at sheltered housing sites including:
- Installing a new passenger lift at Noels Court
- Upgrading smoke alarms at six schemes
- Installing a new commercial boiler at Quaker Close
- Installing a new automatic door at Queens Court
- Installing a new communal TV aerial at Oak Tree Court
- Undertaking communal corridor works at Thornborough Hall Gardens
All tenants affected by the programme will be contacted by the Council to arrange a visit to carry out a survey, and will be kept fully updated.
For more details on this work and how it may affect tenants and residents, contact the Improvements Team on 01748 892 100 or email email@example.com.