Volunteer energy specialists
A network of volunteers specialising in energy is to be created for Richmondshire.
As part of the work of the district’s new Climate Action Partnership, a course is being held next month to train members of local communities in ways to save energy and reduce costs. They can then pass their learning on to local people.
The virtual training course is run over three sessions to cover:
- fuel poverty and energy efficiency
- energy checks in your home
- energy suppliers and energy bills
- top tips and support schemes for vulnerable groups
- how to become part of a network of Community Energy Ambassadors
The first session starts on Friday May 7 with sessions also on May 21 and May 28. All sessions run from 10am to 11.30am.
The course is funded by Northern Gas Networks and is free to anyone who is based within their operating area.
For more information on the partnership visit their Richmondshire Climate Action website.