Richmondshire District Council has joined forces with local authorities across the UK today to celebrate how they contribute to the lives of their communities.
The Local Government Association’s annual ‘Our Day’ campaign invites everyone that works or volunteers in public services to share stories about how they improve the quality of lives for residents.
Through a series of graphics on the district council’s social media accounts, the council is highlighting the work officers do including the:
- 54,705 calls - around 1,050 per week – handled by customer services in the last 12 months
- 111 email update bulletins issued in the last year, and the 134,000 subscribers signed up to receiving email newsletters
- 117,515 polling cards issued, 56 polling stations set up and 770 pencils provided to polling stations so far this year
- 1,502 council properties looked after across the district, which in the last six months have seen 42 adaptations and another 1,770 repairs carried out
- green waste collected from 11,793 properties
“Our officers work tirelessly to provide exceptional services to our residents all year round so we wanted to join this campaign to spread the word on our work,” said Council Leader, Councillor Angie Dale.
The council’s facebook and twitter accounts can be found at: @richmondshiredc