Still time to apply for ARG
Richmondshire District Council is reminding businesses that there is still time to apply for grant aid if they have been affected by the Covid-19 restrictions.
But the Additional Restrictions Grants scheme - relating to the period 30 December to 15 February – closes to applications on 21 February.
The key criteria applicable to the scheme are that during the period of the grant the business must:
- Have been severely financially impacted upon
- Not be entitled to the Local Restrictions Grant (Closed) Addendum 5 Jan (LRSG(C)A 5 Jan or Closed Business Lockdown Payment (CBLP)
- Have been trading on 30 December and not have a rateable value on its business premise at that date
- Have fixed unavoidable business costs
- Be based in Richmondshire
The types of businesses that may be eligible include:
- Businesses in shared offices/other flexible workspaces
- B and Bs where council tax is paid and not business rates
- Market traders, or similar businesses who do not have their own business rates assessment
- Mobile businesses, such as (but not confined to) taxi businesses, tradespeople and hair and beauty businesses
Some businesses are specifically excluded from both these schemes, including solicitors and accountants.
To apply check out our Additional Restrictions Grant page.