Recycling your Christmas tree
Christmas trees will be collected for recycling from around 7,000 Richmondshire households early next year.
Every subscriber to the District Council’s garden waste service is entitled to the one off January collection – but the service must be booked.
Booking is now open on our Christmas tree collections page, with householders having until 6 January to secure a slot.
Collections will take place from 9 to 18 January. Customers will be notified of the day for collection once the booking is confirmed. Christmas trees and green bins must be at the kerbside by 6.30am on the collection day.
Residents not on the green waste subscription service can still recycle their trees. These will not be picked up from outside homes but can be taken to one of the Council’s Christmas tree recycling collection points to be picked up on the following days:
- Monday 9 January - Hawes Recycling Centre
- Tuesday 10 January - Leyburn Recycling Centre
- Thursday 12 January - Brompton on Swale Recycling Centre
- Thursday 12 January - Colburn Recycling Centre
- Friday 13 January - Nuns Close Recycling Centre, Richmond
- Monday 16 January - Reeth Recycling Centre
Locations of these sites can be found on our recycling sites page. Trees will only be collected from the sites on these days so please leave trees at them as close as possible to these dates.