The Pop-Up Shed
The Healthy Horizons Pop-Up Shed project was for any ex-forces personnel living in Richmondshire aged 40 or older. It was funded via the Aged Veterans Fund at the Armed Forces Covenant Fund Trust, by the Chancellor using LIBOR funds and ran until 31st March 2019.
Ex Forces Support in North Yorkshire
Healthy Horizons is part of a wider portfolio of projects under the Ex Forces Support in North Yorkshire programme. For information on each project partner and the support they are offering for veterans living within North Yorkshire then please click on the links below:
- Citizens Advice Bureau North Yorkshire - Aged Veterans Advice Project
- Age UK North Yorkshire - Forces Friends
- Richmondshire Voluntary and Community Action - Gurkha 2020
- The Yorkshire Energy Doctor - Home Energy Health Checks
- Yorkshire Housing - Veteran Home Improve
- North Yorkshire Sport - Primetime
- Rural Arts - Arts for All
- Carers Resource North Yorkshire - Support for Carers
- North Yorkshire Youth - Ages Together
You can also find out about the projects in the portfolio in this information pack.
This new £2 million service promises to revolutionise a military charity sector that currently leaves over half of veterans “confused,” by providing a first point of contact for those seeking support.
Funded by the Ministry of Defence, it will improve access to welfare services and speed-up the time it takes for veterans to receive the support they deserve.
The new 24-hour online chat, phone, and text message service is partly manned by veterans who have been trained to help the growing British Armed Forces community.
Veterans and their dependents will be able to access support services in physical health, financial support, help with independent living, housing, mental wellbeing, and employment.
Visit the Veterans' Gateway website to find out more.