Health and social care services are provided by North Yorkshire County Council. They provide services in safeguarding, disabilities, carers, health and wellbeing, social care for adults and social care for children.
Click on the following link to find a GP, hospital, dentist, optician, pharmacy and other health services near you.
Support available from other organisations
- Community First Yorkshire offers a range of support, both practical and financial, for past members of the armed forces over 65 to enable them to lead fuller lives.
- Government's winter fuel payment - for those born on or before 5 November 1953 you could receive between £100 and £300 to help pay your heating bills if you are eligible and receive a state pension or another social security benefit.
- Healthy choices for children offers a free 12 week weight programme for those aged 4-19 who are above a healthy weight. Includes fun and interactive sessions for the family across various areas such as nutrition, health and lifestyles.
- Healthwatch North Yorkshire - This local body tries to help improve the quality of health and social services across North Yorkshire by listening to those people using the services to find out what they like about the services and what improvements could be made. Advice is also provided about the type of services available locally.
- Living Well in North Yorkshire - A personalised service to reduce loneliness and isolation, and develop adult independence.
- North Yorkshire County Council's rehabilitation service offers short term support for those returning home from hospital to help rebuild patients' confidence and skills in carrying out daily activities.
- North Yorkshire mental health helpline provides a confidential, anonymous service for those wanting to talk about their mental health or a carer who is concerned about someone's mental health.
- Living Well Smokefree - Commissioned by North Yorkshire County Council to help those trying to quit smoking.
- Age UK North Yorkshire and Darlington - a local, independent charity, committed to delivering quality-assured services to older people in North Yorkshire and Darlington.
- Warm and Well in North Yorkshire offers organisations and individuals advice on how to reduce fuel poverty, and support people to stay warm and well in winter. For further details complete their eligibility referral form or telephone 01609 767555.
- Fall prevention services help reduce the risk of slips, trips and falls with prevention tips, local activities and support for those over 65. Hambleton and Richmondshire Falls Services is also available Monday to Friday, 9am until 5pm. North Yorkshire Sport also deliver a Strong and Steady 12 week programme in Richmondshire in partnership with Age UK North Yorkshire and Darlington
- Citizens Advice Mid-North Yorkshire - free, confidential and impartial advice and campaign on big issues affecting people’s lives.
- RNIB (Royal National Institute of Blind People) - a charity supporting those living with sight loss for those who are blind and partially sighted.
North Yorkshire County Council provide advice and guidance to businesses to help them provide healthier options to their customers:
- The Healthier Choices certification scheme helps those businesses selling food and drink to raise awareness to their customers that they offer 'healthier choices'.
- The responsible retailer award is awarded to those retailers of alcohol, tobacco and other age-restricted products such as e-cigarettes, that have met legal and social obligations associated with the sale of age-related products.