Richmondshire District Council

Advice if you are a private tenant

We provide housing advice and help to tenants who rent privately, assist in regulating the sector and promote best practice by landlords.

  • Tenants experiencing problems with their landlord, including a risk of homelessness, should contact the housing options team for advice
  • Landlords' forums are held quarterly and a newsletter is published following each forum
  • The environmental health service can provide advice
  • We manage the landlord accreditation scheme in Richmondshire
  • Our housing information booklet offers a wealth of information and contact numbers.
  • We may be able to help financially, by paying a one-off bond payment under our bond bank scheme, to secure private accommodation and prevent homelessness. You can also view information on our choice-based lettings scheme.
A to Z of Services