We have a duty to help if you're homeless or in danger of becoming so.
The help you receive depends on your circumstances. We look at everyone's case confidentially and individually.
Where to go for help
Whether you rent a home from us, rent privately, or own your own home, you can contact us.
You can also contact the out-of-hours emergency service on 01653 690378:
- Monday to Thursday: 5.15pm- 8.45am
- Friday to Monday: 4.45pm-8.45am
- 24-hour call out for bank holidays
The law says you're homeless if you:
- Have nowhere to live in the UK or elsewhere
- Have been taken to court and the court says you must leave
- Are afraid to go home because someone has been or may be violent towards you or your family
- Don't have the owner's permission to stay
- Have been locked out of your home and told not to return
- Have a mobile home and there's nowhere you're allowed to put it
- Can't stay in your home for any other reason