Richmondshire District Council

Protect your belongings

The council does not insure your furniture, belongings or decorations. You need to take out your own policy to protect your belongings in the event of a fire, theft, flood and so on.

A low cost scheme open to all our tenants has been developed with Royal Sun Alliance. It covers most of your household goods and contents, plus the contents of your freezer and stolen keys. It protects against theft, vandalism, theft of money by bogus callers and limited accidental insurance, with the option to buy additional cover. Please ensure that you read the Royal Sun Alliance product information leaflet.

Once you've completed the household contents insurance application form, please print off the form and post it to Royal Sun Alliance (see front of form for postal address or to apply over the phone). 

A to Z of Services