Apply for your utility energy rebate
In order for the Council to make a payment into your bank account please ensure you provide all the information as requested on the online application form. If you do not provide us with this information it will either lead to a delay in your request being approved, or the request will not be granted at all.
We will ask for:
- your council tax bill reference number (this is shown on your council tax bill)
- your bank account details so we can make a direct payment
- an access key (this is highlighted in bold in the recent energy rebate payment letter that we have sent to you)
This information is needed in order to approve your request, to protect against fraud and the abuse of public funds, and to allow the Government to monitor the rebate requests being made.
You must apply for this rebate by 31 August 2022.
I am having difficulty applying online - what should I do?
If you are having trouble applying for the rebate via our online application form you can:
- call our Customer Services team on 01748 829100. Please have your energy rebate payment letter, bank account details and council tax account reference number to hand.
- visit one of our council offices so we can help in person. Please bring your letter with you, along with your bank account details, council tax account reference number and proof of your identity.
When will I receive the rebate?
Once you have completed and submitted the online application form you will receive an email confirming your application has been accepted. You can then expect to receive your payment within 10 working days.
If we cannot verify your details with your bank, the payment can take up to 4 weeks.