Post number: BUS COM 05
Post title: Community Grant Scheme Administrator
Salary grade: Grade 7
Responsible to: Business and Community Manager
To work with the Business and Community Manager and the Business and Community Team to administer the Community Investment Fund (CIF), the Area Partnership Fund and Play Parks Fund through engaging and working in partnership with community groups.
Main duties and responsibilities
- 1. Responsible for delivering the Council's community funding schemes, including:-
a) Supporting the development/design of the scheme criteria, guidance notes and application, monitoring and claim forms.
b) To act as the main point of contact/liaison for all enquiries from potential applicants and advise them on the appropriate grant guidelines and processes.
c) To log and process initial grant applications, ensuring all required information is received and prepared for assessment.
d) To administer grants payments, acknowledgements, and monitoring and reporting information, recording, reviewing and summarising these as required.
e) Appraisal of applications prior to panel meeting and drawing out relevant information to inform panel decision making.
f) Providing feedback to applicants and issuing grant offer letters where applicants are successful.
g) Responsible for monitoring project outputs and providing quarterly management reports to the Business and Community Manager.
h) Liaison with corporate communications regarding press and promotional activities to celebrate our activities.
- 2. Provide advice and information to community groups who are proposing to apply for assistance under the various council initiatives, along with signposting to other relevant funding schemes/organisations.
- 3. Represent the CIF, Area Partnership and Play Park schemes at community funding events to ensure awareness of the schemes is raised.
- 4. Responsible for the upkeep of the Community Grants Scheme web pages on the Richmondshire District Council corporate website and any associated social media pages set up to support the work of the team - ensuring content is up to date and relevant.
- 5. Support the production of a quarterly community newsletter, including gathering relevant content, to be circulated via Richmondshire District Council’s corporate mailing list.
- 6. Undertake any other duties which may be required corresponding with the grade of the post, observing and fulfilling all responsibilities in respect of data protection.