Title: Planning Policy Officer
Salary: Grade 10, £29,636 to £31,371 per annum
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Pattern: Full time
Hours: 37 hours per week
Job Reference: COMM DEV 02-03
The Council requires a Planning Policy Officer within the Planning Policy Team.
Duties will include:
- To prepare the Richmondshire Local Plan and undertake research, surveys and assessments to ensure a robust evidence base.
- To provide policy assistance in terms of monitoring the delivery of services and interpreting and offering guidance in relation to the policies which fall within the responsibility of the team.
- To prepare planning policy advice in the Development Management process.
You should have IT skills and be able to record information accurately; be enthusiastic and committed; have an ability to work under pressure; have a flexible approach to work tasks; an ability to relate to the general public; and have good negotiating skills.
A current driving license is also essential.
- Closing date: 10am Monday, 1 June 2020
- Interview date: Thursday, 11 June 2020
- An application form must be completed. CVs alone will not be accepted.
You can also obtain/return application forms by:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post: Human Resources, Richmondshire District Council, Mercury House, Station Road, Richmond, North Yorkshire, DL10 4JX
We value diversity in our workforce and are committed to equal opportunities. Disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria are guaranteed an interview. Applications invited from all sectors of society, as covered by the Equality Act 2010.