Title: Planning Enforcement Officer
Salary: Grade 7 (SCP 21-24), £21,748 to £23,541 per annum
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Pattern: Full time
Hours: 37 hours per week
Job Reference: PLAN DEV 08
The Council requires a Planning Enforcement Officer within the Development Management Team.
Duties will include:
- Investigating complaints and breaches of planning control across the full range of matters covered by the Planning Acts. This includes, from time to time, listed building and tree enforcement, undertaking appropriate site visits and meeting with land owners/occupiers and complainants;
- Offering assistance to customers involved in the planning process, related to enforcement matters;
- Gathering and accurately recording evidence related to planning enforcement cases.
You should have IT skills and be able to record information accurately. Be enthusiastic and committed, and have an ability to work under pressure. You should also have a flexible approach to work tasks, an ability to relate to the general public, and have good negotiating skills.
A current driving licence is also essential.
- Closing date: 9am, Monday 25th October 2021
- Interview date: Wednesday 3rd November 2021
- An application form must be completed. CVs alone will not be accepted.
You can also obtain/return application forms by:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post: Human Resources, Richmondshire District Council, Mercury House, Station Road, Richmond, North Yorkshire, DL10 4JX
We value diversity in our workforce and are committed to equal opportunities. Disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria are guaranteed an interview. Applications invited from all sectors of society, as covered by the Equality Act 2010.