Post number: LLS MTN 12 14 16 17
Post title: Multi-Skilled Operative
Salary grade: Grade 7 with market supplement (SCP 28)
Responsible to: Maintenance Officers
To undertake all aspects of building maintenance work.
Supervision and guidance
Range of decision making
Generally restricted to minor details such as sequence, tools to be used, etc.
Responsibility for assets, materials, etc
Responsible for materials and safety equipment issued to enable works to be carried out.
Main duties and responsibilities
1. Assist and support the Maintenance Team Leader in providing a customer focused, efficient and forward looking maintenance service.
2. Referring to drawings, plans, sketches, work tickets and sheets, etc, for information relating to dimensions and type of materials and work to be carried out.
3. Makes arrangements to procure materials and any plant necessary to carry out jobs and arrange access.
4. Undertakes all aspects of building work including plastering, tiling, joinery, basic plumbing, painting and artexing.
5. Where necessary, erects access platforms, scaffolds, etc, to undertake work above ground level.
6. Utilises mechanical plant and tools as necessary.
7. Provides necessary protection such as dustsheets whilst undertaking jobs, cleans up at the end of the task and arranges for rubbish / debris to be collected as necessary.
8. Completes all necessary paperwork such as time sheets, job tickets, etc, and submits on a timely basis.
9. Carries out all tasks in accordance with Health and Safety regulations.
10. To undertake such duties of a comparable nature and level of responsibility as may be required from time to time by the Housing Maintenance Team Leader.
11. To demonstrate an acceptance of and commitment to the principles underlying the Council’s Equalities and Diversity Policy.
- Members of the public
- Officers of the Council
Special conditions of service
Full clean driving licence.