Post number: LLS MTN 01
Post title: Maintenance Team Leader
Salary grade: Grade 11
Responsible to: Landlord Services Manager
To provide a comprehensive responsive repair and maintenance service, including the management void.
- Two Area Maintenance Officers
- One Stores and Purchasing Officer
- One Stores and Purchasing Assistant
- 15 tradespeople
- Four office staff
- One Fire Safety Compliance Officer
Supervision and guidance
- Landlord Services Manager
Range of decision making
The job involves working within council policies as they relate to the responsive repairs service to council tenants.
The work involves using wide discretion and initiative over a broad area of activity, with little access to others. The job is subject to general managerial direction.
Responsibility for assets, materials, etc
- Housing maintenance procedures
- Oversight of the maintenance of council properties (repairs, maintenance, and servicing)
- Responsibility for specified delegated budgets as determined by the Landlord Services Manager
Main duties and responsibilities
1. Assist and support the Landlord Services Manager in providing a customer-focused, efficient and forward-looking housing maintenance service.
2. Manage the performance of the maintenance team to achieve high quality outputs, including regular one-to-ones with team members and performance reviews.
3. Ensure that any contractors are managed effectively and deliver pre-specified outputs.
4. Manage the repair ordering and income/expenditure systems, and provide financial and performance information as required.
5. Monitor workloads and take appropriate action where a drop-in performance is anticipated or has occurred.
6. Take the lead on maintenance related quality assurance issues.
7. To work closely with social services in relation to aids and adaptations.
8. Take the lead in ensuring that property maintenance databases/planning tools are kept up to date, and knowledge is spread throughout the team.
9. Co-ordinate the investigation of claims for compensation from council tenants in relation to alleged repairs negligence and disrepair claims.
10. To produce reports and deal with correspondence within your area of responsibility.
11. To develop and monitor implementation of service-specific risk assessments and method statements.
12. To be the lead contact with colleagues within the procurement service in relation to contract tendering and bid assessment.
13. To provide appropriate supervision, support and guidance to staff and the team to ensure the best possible use of all resources to deliver services efficiently.
14. The post-holder must carry out his/her duties with full regard to the Health and Safety Policy and associated procedures.
15. Respond to requests for information from colleagues, elected Members, customers and the wider public, including informal/formal complaints and Freedom of Information requests.
16. To keep abreast of new developments in legislation, systems and processes relevant to this area of work.
17. To carry out other duties broadly compatible with your current duties and responsibilities as may be allocated from time to time by the Landlord Services Manager.
18. To demonstrate an acceptance of, and commitment to, the Council’s Equalities and Diversity Policy.
- Other council staff at all levels
- Statutory agencies
- Council tenants
Special conditions of service
- Full driving licence and access to a vehicle