Title: Licensing Assistant
Salary: Grade 6 (SCP 18-20), £20,444 - £21,269 per annum pro rata
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Pattern: Part time
Job Reference: ENVT EHO 11
The Council is seeking a Licensing Assistant to work in our busy Environmental Health and Licensing department.
The successful candidate will assist the Licensing Officer with matters relating to several different licensing functions, including alcohol, gambling, taxis, scrap metal dealers and regulated entertainment.
Responsibilities of the post holder are, but not limited to:
- Maintaining public registers within the scope of the Licensing team;
- Undertaking checks on licence applications;
- Inspecting premises and vehicles for compliance with regulations and licence conditions, including visits outside normal working hours as required;
- Ensuring that hackney carriage and private hire vehicles are subject to mechanical examination by approved garages at appropriate intervals;
- Attending meetings, working groups, committees, etc., within the Council and with relevant outside organisations to represent the views of the Licensing service as appropriate;
- Preparing statistics and other licensing data for Committee reports and other purposes as required by the Licensing Officer or Environmental Health and Housing Options Manager;
- To process applications for licences and registrations which fall within the remit of the Council and the Environmental Health and Housing Options service;
- To deputise for the Licensing Officer in their absence.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Prior knowledge and practical experience of local authority licensing;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with difficult situations;
- Good computer literacy skills and experience of maintaining accurate and detailed records within computerised databases;
- Ability to operate independently and as part of a team;
- A full, clean driving licence and use of a vehicle.
This is a post which gives a career opportunity in local government licensing.
For an informal discussion or for further information regarding this post, please contact Kevin Carr on 01748 901180 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further details please read the job description and person specification, and complete our application form:
- Closing date: 10am Monday 22 August 2022
- Interview date: Thursday 8 September 2022
An application form must be completed. CVs alone will not be accepted.
You can also obtain/return application forms by:
- Email: email@example.com
- By post: Human Resources, Richmondshire District Council, Mercury House, Station Road, Richmond, North Yorkshire, DL10 4JX
We value diversity in our workforce and are committed to equal opportunities. Disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria are guaranteed an interview. Applications invited from all sectors of society, as covered by the Equality Act 2010.