Title: Independent Remuneration Panel Members
Do you have the skills and experience to join the Council’s Independent Remuneration Panel?
About the role
The Council must appoint an independent remuneration panel to be responsible for monitoring and reviewing its Members’ Allowances Scheme to ensure that the level of allowances paid to its elected members are set at an appropriate level.
To be considered you must be independent of the Council and:
- Have an interest in the work of the Council and how it operates
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Understand the role of a councillor
- Not be disqualified from being a councillor
- Have not been a member or officer of the council within the last five years – or be a close relative or close friend of a member or officer of the council
Following a reduction is size of the Council from 34 to 24 members in May 2019 and a revised structure of committees, a review of member allowances is required over the next 3 months. It is envisaged that the initial commitment is likely to involve two to three meetings per year during December to February, although this might vary depending on workload. The post is on a voluntary basis, with reimbursement of expenses and the term of appointment is for up to four years.
- Closing date: 9.00 am on Monday, 27 January 2020.
- Interviews to be held: week commencing 3 February 2020
To apply for this role, or for an informal discussion regarding the post or the work of the panel, please contact Democratic Services:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 01748 901011
- Post: Democratic Services, Mercury House, Station Road, Richmond, North Yorkshire, DL10 4JX