Title: Climate Change Officer
Salary: Grade 10 (SCP 32-34), £30,451 – £32,234 per annum
Contract Type: Fixed Term until April 2023
Working Pattern: Full time
Job Reference: PLAN DEV 10
The Council requires a Climate Change Officer within the Planning Team.
Duties will include:
- Overseeing the development and monitoring of the Council’s policy on sustainability, carbon reduction and climate change. This will be achieved through the development and monitoring of a Corporate Carbon Management Plan, Sustainability Appraisal, and the Corporate Climate Change Adaptation Strategy;
- Being responsible for managing the provision of specialist services, to deliver sustainable development, carbon reduction and climate change adaptation across all corporate functions of the Council;
- Delivering policy and outcomes for the Council on energy management, carbon reduction and sustainability, including the formulation of an action plan to meet the carbon neutral aspirations of the Council.
You should have IT skills and be able to record information accurately. Be enthusiastic and committed, with an ability to work under pressure. Also to have a flexible approach to work tasks, an ability to relate to the general public, and have good negotiating skills.
A current driving licence is also essential.
For further details please refer to the job description and person specification. To apply please complete our application form:
- Closing date: 10am, Monday 25th October 2021
- Interview date: Wednesday 3rd November 2021
- An application form must be completed. CVs alone will not be accepted.
You can also obtain/return application forms by:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post: Human Resources, Richmondshire District Council, Mercury House, Station Road, Richmond, North Yorkshire, DL10 4JX
We value diversity in our workforce and are committed to equal opportunities. Disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria are guaranteed an interview. Applications invited from all sectors of society, as covered by the Equality Act 2010.