District and parish council elections
The next main election to take place in Richmondshire will be the district and parish council elections on Thursday 2 May 2019.
For more information, visit our stand for election page.
The Returning Officer will be holding briefing sessions for potential district candidates and agents on:
- Wednesday 6 March at 6pm
- Tuesday 12 March at 2pm
There will also be briefing sessions for town/parish clerks and any potential parish candidates on:
- Thursday 7 March at 10am
- Wednesday 13 March at 6pm
All sessions will take place at Mercury House, Station Road, Richmond, DL10 4JX. Contact the elections team if you wish to attend.
Official documents for this year's local elections are:
- 2019 timetable
- New ward arrangements - parishes in each ward
- Statistical information - including number of properties, electorate, postal, proxy, postal proxy
- Maps - Full set of maps including an overview map of all Wards (17 pages). For individual ward maps visit Divisions, ward, polling districts and polling stations page
Links to external websites
- Local Boundary Commission for England - details on the review of Richmondshire district wards
- Local Boundary Commission for England Mapping - interactive map of new district wards
- Electoral Commission - standing as a candidate at district council elections
- Electoral Commission - standing as a candidate at parish council elections
Parliamentary Elections are run by Hambleton District Council; you can visit Hambleton's website for more information.