Richmondshire District Council

Chairman of the Council

Party: Richmondshire Independents Councillor Angie Dale

Ward: Colburn

Other Councillors representing this Ward: Councillors Bill Glover and Councillor Bev Partridge

Contact Information

Tel: (01748) 832 894

Mobile: (07833) 490 502


Address: 50 St Cuthberts Avenue, Colburn, Catterick Garrison, North Yorkshire, DL9 4NT




The Chairman of the council is the first citizen of the District and speaks on behalf of the area and its community. The Chairman is also a member of the Council elected by fellow Councillors. The Chairman's term of office is one year, with elections taking place at the Annual Meeting of the Council each spring. 

Both the Chairman and the Vice-Chairman choose a Consort to support them in their duties.

Civic Duties

As first citizen, the Chairman acts as Chair of the regular meetings of the full Council and holds a casting vote at these meetings.


A Vice-Chairman is elected to assist in civic duties and to take the Chairman's place when the Chairman is not available. The Vice-Chairman for 2017/18 is Councillor Bill Glover

News and Recent Events

The Chairman receives many invitations to events and occasions throughout the District and surrounding area during the year.  The Chairman will also organise their own civic events.  A list of those events the Chairman will be attending, or has attended, can be inspected by visiting the Civic Diary.

Committee appointments

Corporate Board

Planning Committee

Local Plan Working Group

Term of Office

5 May 2011 -present

Ward Surgeries

I do not hold regular surgeries, but I am available to contacted via the details above at reasonable time. 

Register of Interests

Register of Interests

Councillors will represent you regardless of political persuasion.  This web page has been provided to the Councillor by the Local Authority.  It has been provided subject to an acceptable use guidance that this Councillor has agreed to.  If you think the web page is not being used according to the guidance you can tell the Local Authority by email:


A to Z of Services