The Restart Grant supports those businesses that were forced to close during the national lockdown and need support to help them reopen.
To be eligible for this grant you must:
- run a business based in Richmondshire
- be in the non-essential retail, accommodation, hospitality, leisure, personal care, gym or sport sectors
- be registered to pay business rates (non-domestic rates)
- be registered as the rate payer on 1 April 2021
- have been unable to provide your usual face to face customer service from your premises
The Restart Grant is not connected to any other previous coronavirus grants that may have been paid to you. The grant is based on the sector that the business operates in. For further details on eligibility view our eligible businesses page.
Businesses excluded from the grant
You cannot apply if your business:
- was in administration, insolvent, or a striking off order was in place when the lockdown started
- has reached the subsidy allowance limit (previously known as state aid). Find out more about the subsidy allowance on the GOV.UK website
There is a one off payment for eligible businesses.
Non-essential retail sector - Strand one
You will receive a one off grant of between £2,667 and £6,000.
Hospitality, accommodation, leisure, personal care and gym/ sport sectors - Strand two
Eligible businesses within these sectors will receive a one off grant of between £8,000 and £18,000.
For further details read our Restart Grants Scheme policy.
Apply for grant
Check you have all the relevant information before applying - read our Restart Grant checklist.
To apply for the Restart grant please complete our online application form:
Applications close at midnight on 30 June 2021.