Covid-19 Additional Relief Fund (CARF)
The Government has launched a new Covid-19 Additional Relief Fund (CARF) of £1.5 billion. The fund is to help those businesses affected by the pandemic who have not been eligible for existing support linked to business rates. Richmondshire's share of this fund is £631,000.
This scheme applies for the financial year 1 April 2021 to 31 March 2022.
To apply businesses will need to have been:
- adversely affected by the pandemic and have been unable to adequately adapt to that impact for the 2021/22 year
- occupying rateable premises in Richmondshire and been recorded as such in the Council's records as of 15 December 2021
Those not eligible
The relief will not apply to businesses in the retail, hospitality and leisure, and nursery sectors that have already been helped via the:
- Expanded Retail Discount
- Nursery Discount
- Airport Operations Support Scheme
It will also not be awarded to:
- those entitled to 100% Small Business Rate Relief of Rural Rate Relief
- those entitled to 80% Mandatory Charitable Relief and up to 20% discretionary top-up relief
- unoccupied businesses, other than those closed temporarily due to government Covid-19 restrictions, in the 2021/22 year.
For further details read our Covid-19 Additional Relief Fund.
The final amount of relief that we can award to businesses will be calculated after other mandatory and government funded discretionary reductions have been applied.
Apply for grant
To apply for this fund businesses must complete the following online form:
Applications close at midnight on 18 September 2022.