Public information issued on behalf of the Department of Health and Social Care
As part of the national testing programme for COVID–19, drive-through Mobile Testing Units, run by the Department of Health and Social Care, will be operating between 11am and 3pm on:
- 26 January - Catterick, Catterick Race Course, Catterick Bridge, DL10 7PE
- 28 January - Leyburn, Harmby Road Parking, Harmby Road, Leyburn, DL8 5EE
- 29, 31 January - Richmond, Round Howe Car Park, Reeth Road, DL10 4TL
- 31 January - Thirsk, Millgate Car Park, Marage Road, Thirsk, YO7 1PE
- Every day in Northallerton at The Forum, Bullamoor Road, DL6 1LP
A full list of testing sites in operation throughout North Yorkshire can be found on North Yorkshire County Council's website.
Book a test for those showing symptoms
Anyone showing coronavirus symptoms can book a swab test to see if they have the virus. Tests can be booked from 8pm the night before.
If you have limited access to the internet, or have difficulties with digital portals, you can ring the 119 service to book a test.
Lateral flow tests
The Government has issued rapid lateral flow antigen tests for Covid-19 to be used in asymptomatic (for those not showing symptoms) testing to a number of local authorities. These tests will provide results in under 30 minutes.
A list of all local authorities that are currently receiving lateral flow tests can be found on the GOV.UK website.