The council supports military personnel and their families/dependants in the district, and veterans who have chosen to live here.
How the council has been achieving this over recent years is detailed in its response to the covenant.
Armed Forces Covenant Working Group
Richmondshire District Council is working with a number of other local authorities in North Yorkshire to support the Armed Forces community. A copy of the latest report for 2018 can be found via the link below:
- Veterans' Gateway - The first point of contact for veterans seeking advice and support
- SSAFA the Armed Forces charity
- Veterans' UK - Help and support for veterans
- Combat Stress - The UK's leading charity for veterans' mental health
- Royal British Legion - The Royal British Legion provides lifelong support for the armed forces community, serving men and women, veterans, and their families
- Help for Heroes
- New military mental health helpline - The Ministry of Defence has launched the 24/7 military mental health helpline. The new number - 0800 323 4444 - is open now and targeted at serving personnel and their families, allowing them to access the help, advice and support they need anywhere, anytime.
- For those ex-service personnel who are interested in starting a career in a trade visit the RS website.