The council supports military personnel and their families/dependants in the district, and veterans who have chosen to live here.
How the council has been achieving this over recent years is detailed in its response to the covenant.
- Veterans' Gateway - The first point of contact for veterans seeking advice and support
- SSAFA the Armed Forces charity
- Veterans' UK - Help and support for veterans
- Combat Stress - The UK's leading charity for veterans' mental health
- Royal British Legion - The Royal British Legion provides lifelong support for the armed forces community, serving men and women, veterans, and their families
- Help for Heroes
- New military mental health helpline - The Ministry of Defence has launched the 24/7 military mental health helpline. The new number - 0800 323 4444 - is open now and targeted at serving personnel and their families, allowing them to access the help, advice and support they need anywhere, anytime.
- Catterick Garrison - Information about what is happening in the local area.