This scheme has now closed and we will no longer be accepting applications.
The Tour de Yorkshire Event fund was established to make funding available to parish/town councils, community groups and voluntary groups to help with the delivery of Tour de Yorkshire related activities when the district welcomes the Tour on Saturday 5 May 2018 and Sunday 6 May 2018.
Members of the council's Corporate Board agreed a pot of £15,000, with £5,000 ring-fenced for applications within Richmond and £10,000 available for applications from other communities. The maximum grant per application was £2,000 with no match funding required. Following an over-subscription to the fund, it was agreed to increase the amount available to allocate to a total of £20,483.27.
The following groups were successful in receiving funding through the scheme:
- East Witton Parish Council - £1,680
- Help for Heroes (Phoenix House Recovery Centre) - £2,000
- Richmond Town Council - £1,350
- Richmond with Hudswell Parochial Church Council - £150
- Wensleydale Railway Association (Trust) Ltd - £1,200
- Patrick Brompton Community Events Committee - £1,120
- Carlton Parish Council - £1,800.80
- Original Richmond (2 x applications) - £3,500
- Middleham Sports & Community Well-being Association - £1,720
- Leyburn Town Council - £2,000
- Colburn Town Council - £2,000
- Bellerby Parish Council - £1,419.50
- Bellerby Open Gardens Group/Parish Council - £500
- Constable Burton Reading Rooms - £42.97
For further information on the scheme, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org