Richmondshire District Council

How to get help with domestic abuse

The Safer Richmondshire local delivery team works with many other organisations to provide support and advice to victims of domestic abuse.

Among those organisations is the Independent Domestic Abuse Advice Services (IDAS), the largest specialist charity in Yorkshire supporting anyone experiencing or affected by domestic abuse or sexual violence. Services include refuge accommodation, community-based support, peer mentoring, group work and access to a free, confidential out-of-hours helpline.

For more information about domestic abuse and how to get help if you need it, visit the North Yorkshire Police website or the IDAS website.

A to Z of Services