Richmondshire District Council

Help and advice

Losing a loved one is difficult and distressing and the formalities that need to be followed can be an additional burden. There is however plenty of help and advice available.

All the information you need to register a death can be found on North Yorkshire County Council's website, including the Tell us once service. 

The GOV.UK website offers some useful advice on what to do after someone dies. This includes information on arranging funerals, what happens if someone dies abroad, and dealing with tax and benefits.

A to Z of Services