Cemeteries in Richmondshire
The District Council look after three active cemeteries at:
You can purchase in advance grave spaces, burials and the erection of memorials in these active cemeteries by making an application to the council.
For further information and advice please email email@example.com
For plot fees visit our buying a grave or cremated remains plot page.
We maintain the following 14 closed cemeteries:
- Askrigg: St Oswalds, Church View, Askrigg, North Yorkshire, DL8 3HZ
- Aysgarth: St Andrew, Church Bank, Aysgarth, North Yorkshire, DL8 3SR
- Bellerby: St Johns, Church Street, Bellerby, North Yorkshire, DL8 5JF
- Bolton on Swale: St Marys, Bolton Road, Bolton on Swale, Scorton, North Yorkshire, DL11 6AQ
- Cleasby: St Peters, Boat House Lane, Cleasby, North Yorkshire, DL2 2QZ
- East Witton: Old Churchyard, Low Thorpe, East Witton, North Yorkshire, DL8 4SN
- Forcett: St Cuthberts, West Lane, Forcett, North Yorkshire, DL11 7SD
- Hawes: St Margarets, The Hill, Hawes, North Yorkshire, DL8 3PQ
- Melsonby: St James, Church Row, Melsonby, North Yorkshire, DL10 5LX
- Middleham: St Alkeldas, Church Street, Middleham, North Yorkshire, DL8 4PG
- Middleton Tyas: St Michael and All Angels, Middleton Tyas, North Yorkshire, DL10 6RH
- Spennithorne: St Michael and All Angels, Main Street, Spennithorne, North Yorkshire, DL8 5PR
- Wensley: Holy Trinity, Low Lane, Wensley, North Yorkshire, DL8 4HJ
- West Witton: St Bartholomews, Church Bank, West Witton, North Yorkshire, DL8 4LU
The council does not hold the records for these cemeteries. For further information about cemetery records please contact the local Parish Council. If you require any assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Advance purchases are not allowed in a closed cemetery. Burials and new memorials are not possible without first submitting a Form 7 faculty consent form to the Church Diocese. To obtain this form for a burial or erect a memorial, contact the Diocese by emailing email@example.com or calling 0113 2000540.
Use of the chapel
The District Council do have a chapel available at Richmond cemetery should you wish to hold a small service.
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org