Coronavirus - Support for apprenticeships
The Department for Education (DfE) has produced a coronavirus response guidance document for apprentices, employers, training providers and assessment organisations. The DfE coronavirus helpline can be reached on 0800 046 8687.
For advice on furloughing apprentices while their training continues, please see HMRC's advice on the Employee Retention Scheme.
The National Skills Academy have moved apprenticeship advice, support and toolkits for small businesses online. This includes free master-classes.
Apprenticeship fact file
We understand that taking on your first apprentice can be a daunting experience if you don't know the process of how this will affect your business. We have therefore compiled the Apprenticeship fact file document which can be downloaded via the link below. If you still have queries having read this document, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Apprenticeship Wage Subsidy Scheme 2019-20
The Apprenticeship Wage Subsidy Scheme 2019-20 is now open for applications. Please read the guidance document to view the application criteria and to complete the application form. Deadlines for submission are on the application form. If you have any queries please contact the Business and Community team via 01748 829100 or email email@example.com.
Please note that apprenticeship training cannot commence before you have received an offer letter if you wish to apply to this scheme.
National Apprenticeship Scheme
For details on how to hire an apprentice and for a list of local training providers please go to:
Richmondshire apprenticeship opportunities
YOLO Ltd - Digital Marketing Apprentice
This is a really exciting role for someone that is hungry, hard-working and starting out on a career path. You'll need to be positive, solutions-focused and serious about contributing to a company with huge ambitions. Whoever you are, if you have the right attitude you'll fit right in and soon feel part of the YOLO family.
You’ll need to be:
- Positive, ambitious, hard-working and love challenges
- Creative and able to think outside the box
- See solutions instead of problems
- A whizz on computers and the internet
- Highly adaptable and able move from one task to another
- Punctual, organised and professional
Things you might be doing:
- Building the presence of the company brand and generating interest in the company, both through digital and print
- Produce excellent, well written and relevant content to interact with the target market, including articles, internal newsletters and social media posts
- Manage, develop and grow the social media platforms with plenty of independence
For further details contact Nikita Whotton at firstname.lastname@example.org