There is plenty of advice and support available for new and existing businesses in Richmondshire.
Local business networks
There are four main business associations in Richmondshire. Each provides support and a voice for local businesses:
- Richmond Business and Tourism Association
- Swaledale and Arkengarthdale Business Association
- Lower Wensleydale Business Network
- Upper Wensleydale Business Association
Richmond Business Network is a networking group meeting regularly at various venues in Richmond, offering the chance to meet like-minded business people in a relaxed atmosphere. Membership is free.
How's Business is the growth hub for York, North Yorkshire and East Riding. Its website is the perfect place for anyone looking for information on how to improve their business. It offers a mix of articles and ebooks, information on funding, as well as the biggest calendar of local networking events in the region.
For information on cyber security, you can download the How's Business Cyber Security eBook here.
And for those looking to significantly grow their business, its account managers offer one, simple point of contact that can introduce you to all the relevant business support that's available.
It's Government-backed, completely independent, and works with business support providers across the region. The initial signposting and brokerage it offers is free, but the business support programmes do require you to invest your own funds alongside the grants. If you do have growth ambitions, and are able to invest in your growth, get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other useful links
- GOV.UK includes information on starting a business
- The Federation of Small Businesses offers support to small businesses
- North East England Chamber of Commerce supports SMEs to multi-nationals
- Local Enterprise Partnership works with public and private sector partners to deliver economic improvement and change across York, North Yorkshire and East Riding.
- Entrepreneur Handbook is an information platform that provides expert guides and advice for entrepreneurs and small businesses in the UK.