Looking to start a business?
Need help to grow your business? Need an expert to discuss your idea with?
Richmondshire District Council has teamed up with How's Business, the Growth Hub for York, North Yorkshire and East Riding, to offer free one-to-one support sessions with a Business Growth Manager. For more information on the support available and how to book appointments take a look at the How's Business leaflet.
Local business networks
There are four main business associations in Richmondshire. Each provides support and a voice for local businesses:
- Richmond Business and Tourism Association
- Swaledale and Arkengarthdale Business Association
- Lower Wensleydale Business Network
- Upper Wensleydale Business Association
Richmondshire Business Newsletter
The Business and Community team at Richmondshire District Council compile a bi-monthly newsletter for businesses in Richmondshire. This includes local news stories, events and training opportunities and details of various grant funding. To subscribe to receive this newsletter, free of charge, please contact: email@example.com
How's Business is the growth hub for York, North Yorkshire and East Riding. The How's Business website is the perfect place for anyone looking for information on how to improve their business. It offers a mix of articles and ebooks, information on funding, as well as the biggest calendar of local networking events in the region.
For information on cyber security, you can download the How's Business Cyber Security eBook.
And for those looking to significantly grow their business, its account managers offer one, simple point of contact that can introduce you to all the relevant business support that's available.
It's Government-backed, completely independent, and works with business support providers across the region. The initial signposting and brokerage it offers is free, but the business support programmes do require you to invest your own funds alongside the grants. If you do have growth ambitions, and are able to invest in your growth, get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other useful links
- GOV.UK includes information on starting a business
- The Federation of Small Businesses offers support to small businesses
- Richmondshire Business Network is a networking group meeting regularly at various venues in Richmond and offers the chance to meet like-minded people in a relaxed atmosphere.
- North East England Chamber of Commerce supports SMEs to multi-nationals
- Local Enterprise Partnership works with public and private sector partners to deliver economic improvement and change across York, North Yorkshire and East Riding.
- Entrepreneur Handbook is an information platform that provides expert guides and advice for entrepreneurs and small businesses in the UK.