Businesses in Richmondshire are being encouraged to register to be 'dementia friendly'. There are certain baseline requirements and conditional suggestions which must be met to be officially recognised as dementia friendly, including:
- Get your organisation involved in our Memory Walks taking place around the country
- Fundraising regionally or nationally to support people living with and affected by dementia
- Signing up to Alzheimer's Society's Campaigners Network.
- Fundraising for Alzheimer's Society or other dementia charities at a regional or local level
- Offer employee volunteering days or time to support people living with or affected by dementia
- Local offices or branches to join their local Dementia Friendly Community or Dementia Action Alliance and create a plan for becoming dementia friendly.
Guidance has been produced by the Alzheimer’s Society and is available to download here. To register or to ask any questions about becoming dementia friendly, please email firstname.lastname@example.org