Social distancing measures at the centres
All mobile household waste recycle centres (HWRCs) have now reopened.
In line with social distancing measures, there will be a queuing system for vehicles using the HWRCs, so the process will be slower than usual. Only one car will be able to unload at a time.
Restrictions are in place for using the HWRCs:
- no trailers, commercial or charity waste allowed
- only one person out of the vehicle where possible
- only bring what you can manage yourself as staff are unable to help unload
- keep two metres apart at all times to protect yourself and others
- wash your hands at home before and after visiting the site
Hand sanitising facilities at sites are limited, so people are advised to wear gloves on site and are reminded to wash their hands before and after attending an HWRC. Once the vehicles are full then we are unable to accept any more waste.
Residents using vans should pre-register them with North Yorkshire County Council if they have not already done so.
Location and dates
The HWRCs schedule for the coming months is:
- Hawes: 20 February 2021 (9am-1pm)
- Reeth: 20 March 2021 (9am-1pm)
Details of locations can be found on North Yorkshire County Council's website.