Richmondshire District Council

Claim reviews

If you are in receipt of housing benefit and/or council tax reduction, we may carry out a review of your claim from time to time. We do this to ensure that your claim details are up to date and that you are getting the correct entitlement.

When a review is due, you will be asked to visit our website to complete a review form. We may then ask you to send us evidence of income, capital and rent for you, your partner and any other people in your household. You can also tell us about any changes in your circumstances that you have not yet reported.

Once you complete the form, we will review your entitlement and take account of any changes. We will notify you if this alters your weekly housing benefit. We will also send you a revised council tax bill if there has been a change to your council tax reduction.

Reporting changes

It is important that you tell us about any changes in your circumstances or those of any member of your household, as soon as they happen.

Failure to report a change may mean that you are paid excess benefit. You will have to pay back this excess or you could be prosecuted for benefit fraud. Further details can be found by visiting the change in circumstances page.

A to Z of Services