Richmondshire District Council

Change of circumstances

You must tell us straight away if there's a change in your or any member of your household's circumstances.

Even a small change might affect how much money we can pay you.

If you don't tell us straight away, you could lose out on money, or we could overpay you. If you are overpaid, we will recover the money from you.

You must tell the benefits team if, for example:

  • You or a member of your household start work
  • The amount of savings or investments change
  • Your income changes or the income of anyone else in your household changes
  • Someone joins or leaves your household

Report a change in circumstances

If you receive housing benefit or housing costs via universal credit but still can't manage to pay your rent, you may be entitled Discretionary Housing Payment
A to Z of Services