Richmondshire District Council

Financial advice

If you're struggling with debt, there is help available.

The independent Money Advice Service provides a wealth of online information on how to budget. A new free online service has been launched to help people to manage their debts.

Information is provided about partner organisations that can help, such as the National Debtline and the StepChange Debt Charity as well as telephone services that allow you to speak to an expert adviser.

The face-to-face debt advice search tool allows you to type in your location and find local organisations that give free advice on managing finances and dealing with debt.

If you receive housing benefit or housing costs via universal credit but still can't manage to pay your rent, you may be entitled to Discretionary Housing Payment