Richmondshire District Council

Benefit payments

The amount of housing benefit and/or council tax reduction you receive depends on the amount of money coming into your home, plus any savings you have.

We also look at the number and ages of the people living in your home.

If your housing benefit doesn't cover your rent in full, you must make sure you pay your landlord any shortfall.

Council tax reduction will be credited to your account and you'll be sent an adjusted bill.

Housing benefit will be credited to your bank account four-weekly. You must make sure that you've given us your bank account details.

If you've asked us to pay your landlord, we can credit their account every four weeks. Again, we must have their bank account details.

If you're a council tenant, the housing benefit will automatically be credited to your rent account every week.

For any benefit enquiries complete our general enquiries - benefits form.