Most housing benefit is awarded to people who really need it, but some is obtained by fraud and we all pay for it through our taxes.
Typical examples of people who commit benefit fraud include those who:
- Work but don't declare this when they claim benefit
- Claim as a single person but actually live with a partner
- Claim from an address but don't live there
- Don't tell us the full amount of income, savings or capital when they claim benefit
- Don't have any right to claim housing benefit
Report benefit fraud
If you know or suspect that fraud has taken place, help us stop it. If you have any information, you can call the benefit fraud hotline on 01904 552935 in complete confidence. It's free to call and you don't have to leave your name.
You can report fraud by emailing email@example.com. Give as many details as you can.