Richmondshire District Council

Housing benefit

If you think the decision we've made is wrong, you need to write to us and appeal against the decision.

The appeals officer will either change the decision and reassess your benefit, or confirm the decision, give reasons and explain how the rules apply to your case.

If your appeal to us isn't successful, we'll send it to the independent Appeals Tribunal.

Council tax reduction

The decision will be considered and you'll be told the result in writing. If you're still unhappy, you can make a further appeal to the Valuation Office

You can get independent advice from the Citizens Advice Bureau and North Yorkshire Advocacy.