Waste and recycling privacy notice
This privacy notice is designed to help you understand how and why revenues process your personal data. This notice should be read in conjunction with the council’s corporate privacy notice and other purpose-specific notices which can be found at the end of this page.
Who are we?
Richmondshire District Council is a ‘Data Controller’ as defined by Article 4(7) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The council has appointed Veritau Ltd to be its data protection officer. Their contact details are:
Information Governance Office
What personal information do we collect?
- Contact telephone numbers
- Contact email addresses
- Payments made
- Details of medical conditions (where relevant to provide a service)
Why do we collect your personal information?
- To provide assisted collection services
- To provide additional bin capacity
- To provide garden waste collection service
Who do we share this information with?
How long do we keep your information for?
- Three years
What is our lawful basis for processing your information?
We process your personal information in accordance with our public task and legal obligations including:
- Environmental Protection Act 1990 – Section 33 - Flytipping
- S3 (3) Refuse Disposal Amenity Act – Abandoned Vehicles
For more information about how the council uses your data, including your privacy rights and the complaints process, please see our corporate privacy notice.