This privacy notice is designed to help you understand how and why the sheltered housing service processes your personal data. This notice should be read in conjunction with the council’s corporate privacy notice and other purpose-specific notices which can be found at the end of this page.
Who are we?
Richmondshire District Council is a ‘Data Controller’ as defined by Article 4(7) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The council has appointed Veritau Ltd to be its data protection officer. Their contact details are:
Information Governance Office
What personal information do we collect?
- Contact numbers
- Health-related information
Why do we collect your personal information?
- To enable us to provide a service to our customers who may need assistance 24/7
- Occupancy of sheltered accommodation is contractually based via tenancy agreement
Who do we share this information with?
- Emergency contact centre who monitor calls and arrange assistance
- Emergency services
- Other agencies, eg medical and social care related
How long do we keep your information for?
Information is retained for the duration of the provision of service
What is our lawful basis for processing your information?
GDPR Article 6 (1)(e) processing is necessary for the performance of a contract:
- Based upon the application and tenancy agreement that this service is provided with sheltered housing properties
For more information about how the council uses your data, including your privacy rights and the complaints process, please see our corporate privacy notice.